Tamron’s next generation 18-270mm, the world’s lightest, smallest 15x zoom optimized for use on APS-C- DSLRs, continues the pursuit of the ideal all-in-one™ zoom lens. Combining prior award-winning achievements with new engineering breakthroughs yielded the remarkable 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD (Piezo Drive). Special piezoelectric technology now delivers faster, quieter precision autofocusing. Tamron’s exclusive tri-axial VC (Vibration Compensation) image stabilization, featuring three pairs of driving coils and low-friction ball bearings placed around the VC optical group, combats camera shake-related image blur. It’s Tamron VC that allows handheld shooting at as many as four shutter speeds slower than otherwise possible with a dramatically stable viewfinder experience. Compactness and light weight are preserved, thanks in part to the VC mechanism’s newly-developed moving coil mechanism.
Defining compositional freedom the 18-270mm Di-II VC’s incredible 15x zoom range provides a 35mm picture angle equivalency of 28mm to 419mm, with image fidelity assured by advanced optical design featuring LD glass and aspherical optics, working in concert to render crisp, colorful and faithful images.
Recommended for APS-C photographers who…
– Demand state-of-the-art-one zoom versatility and image quality.
– Need even more subject magnification—expanding sports, nature and wildlife picture opportunities.
– Appreciate the mobility of handheld shooting, but reject the image blur that it often introduces.
– Want fewer lens changes, reducing instances of exposing the DSLR sensor to image-degrading dust, or missing the shot.
– Want image quality far exceeding typical kit lens capabilities.
Tamron Di-II lenses are engineered expressly for digital SLR cameras with image sensors commonly referred to as APS-C, measuring approximately 24mm x 16mm. Rendering an ideal image circle for APS-C sensors, Di-II lenses also include properties to optimize digital imaging performance.
Tamron Di lenses designed for digital SLR cameras.